Tangos - The agile numerical galaxy organisation system
It's a python 2.7/3.5+ modular system for generating and querying databases and:
- is designed to store and manage results from your own analysis code;
- provides web and python interfaces;
- allows users to construct science-focussed queries, including across entire merger trees, without requiring knowledge of SQL;
When building databases, tangos:
- manages the process of populating the database with science data, including auto-parallelising your analysis;
- can be customised to work with multiple python modules such as pynbody or yt to process raw simulation data;
- can use your favourite database as the underlying store (by default, sqlite), thanks to sqlalchemy.
Acknowledging the code
When using tangos, please acknowledge it by citing the release paper: Pontzen & Tremmel, 2018, ApJS 237, 2. DOI 10.3847/1538-4365/aac832; arXiv:1803.00010. Optionally you can also cite the Zenodo DOI for the specific version of tangos that you are using, which may be found here.