We read every piece of feedback, and take your input very seriously.
To see all available qualifiers, see our documentation.
Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.
By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and
privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.
Already on GitHub?
to your account
I don't think the link to the email is working.
The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered:
What's wrong with it, and what would be a good way to fix it?
Sorry, something went wrong.
The problem is that it points to email@example.com which isn't a valid email address. This should be resolved by PR #9353.
215: Update pip to 21.0.1 r=duckinator a=pyup-bot
This PR updates [pip](https://pypi.org/project/pip) from **20.3.3** to **21.0.1**.
- commands: debug: Use packaging.version.parse to compare between versions. (`9461 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9461>`_)
- New resolver: Download and prepare a distribution only at the last possible
moment to avoid unnecessary network access when the same version is already
installed locally. (`9516 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9516>`_)
- Upgrade packaging to 20.9
Deprecations and Removals
- Drop support for Python 2. (`6148 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/6148>`_)
- Remove support for legacy wheel cache entries that were created with pip
versions older than 20.0. (`7502 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/7502>`_)
- Remove support for VCS pseudo URLs editable requirements. It was emitting
deprecation warning since version 20.0. (`7554 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/7554>`_)
- Modernise the codebase after Python 2. (`8802 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/8802>`_)
- Drop support for Python 3.5. (`9189 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9189>`_)
- Remove the VCS export feature that was used only with editable VCS
requirements and had correctness issues. (`9338 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9338>`_)
- Add ``--ignore-requires-python`` support to pip download. (`1884 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/1884>`_)
- New resolver: Error message shown when a wheel contains inconsistent metadata
is made more helpful by including both values from the file name and internal
metadata. (`9186 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9186>`_)
- Fix a regression that made ``pip wheel`` do a VCS export instead of a VCS clone
for editable requirements. This broke VCS requirements that need the VCS
information to build correctly. (`9273 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9273>`_)
- Fix ``pip download`` of editable VCS requirements that need VCS information
to build correctly. (`9337 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9337>`_)
- Upgrade msgpack to 1.0.2.
- Upgrade requests to 2.25.1.
- Render the unreleased pip version change notes on the news page in docs. (`9172 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9172>`_)
- Fix broken email link in docs feedback banners. (`9343 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9343>`_)
You should *NOT* be adding new change log entries to this file, this
file is managed by towncrier. You *may* edit previous change logs to
fix problems like typo corrections or such.
To add a new change log entry, please see
.. towncrier release notes start
- ``pip wheel`` now verifies the built wheel contains valid metadata, and can be
installed by a subsequent ``pip install``. This can be disabled with
``--no-verify``. (`9206 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9206>`_)
- Improve presentation of XMLRPC errors in pip search. (`9315 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9315>`_)
- Fixed hanging VCS subprocess calls when the VCS outputs a large amount of data
on stderr. Restored logging of VCS errors that was inadvertently removed in pip
20.2. (`8876 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/8876>`_)
- Fix error when an existing incompatibility is unable to be applied to a backtracked state. (`9180 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9180>`_)
- New resolver: Discard a faulty distribution, instead of quitting outright.
This implementation is taken from 20.2.2, with a fix that always makes the
resolver iterate through candidates from indexes lazily, to avoid downloading
candidates we do not need. (`9203 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9203>`_)
- New resolver: Discard a source distribution if it fails to generate metadata,
instead of quitting outright. This implementation is taken from 20.2.2, with a
fix that always makes the resolver iterate through candidates from indexes
lazily, to avoid downloading candidates we do not need. (`9246 <https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/9246>`_)
- Upgrade resolvelib to 0.5.4.
- PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/pip
- Changelog: https://pyup.io/changelogs/pip/
- Homepage: https://pip.pypa.io/
Co-authored-by: pyup-bot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.