WikiShoot is an iOS (iPhone and iPad) application allowing you to take photos of unphotographed locations and upload them to Wikimedia Commons (or some other MediaWiki deployment).
This was a contest entry for Wikipedia's October 2011 Coding Challenge.
WikiShoot development follows this rough UI mockup showing how it should work.
- Minimal MediaWiki Cocoa API client, CocoaMW.
- Unphotographed locations map (using GeoNames + MediaWiki APIs).
- Image picker.
Not (yet) implemented:
- Image upload functionality.
- Form to enter image's data.
- "Choose from list" unphotographed locations functionality.
- Ability to choose a "thing" (not a location) to photograph.
- License chooser.
- "User statistics" view.
- Download and install Xcode 4 and iOS SDK 5. The Mac App Store version has been tested, but other versions might work too.
- Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/pypt/WikiShoot.git
- Enter the
WikiShootdirectory and fetch the submodules:
git submodule update --init
- Build and run.
(Should be) compatible with iOS 4.3 and up.
See the screenshot gallery.
Libraries/ArticlesAround/Libraries/. All of the 3rd party code is GPL-compatible.
Apache 2.0, see