Rewrite of SavageBeast to work with Rails 2.3.x as a rails engine.
- script/plugin install git://github.com/pyrat/wee_beastie.git
- rake wee_beastie:install
- rake db:migrate
Add the following 2 lines to environment.rb
- config.active_record.default_timezone = :utc
- config.reload_plugins = true
- include WeeBeastie::UserInit into your user model
- setup the user.forum_admin attribute to true to allow you to administer and setup the forums.
- Currently there is no out of the box way to create moderatorships. You need to add the create moderatorship links in your user administraion.
- You need to have rsync installed for the install process.
- Wee Beastie plays best with the Resful Authentication plugin but any authentication can be used if the current_user and logged_in? methods are implemented. It has also been successfully integrated with clearance.
- This is still rough around the edges for please fork and submit your improvements upstream so we can make beast work as a rails engine.
- Future direction: once rails 3 is released it may be worth researching how hard it would be to make this a mountable application rather than a rails engine.
Copyright © 2009 Alastair Brunton, released under the MIT license