$ pip install pytest-django
# -- FILE: pytest.ini (or tox.ini) [pytest] DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE = test_settings # -- recommended but optional: python_files = tests.py test_*.py *_tests.py
Run your tests with
Why would I use this instead of Django's manage.py test command?
Running the test suite with pytest offers some features that are not present in Django's standard test mechanism:
- Less boilerplate: no need to import unittest, create a subclass with methods. Just write tests as regular functions.
- Manage test dependencies with fixtures.
- Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed.
- There are a lot of other nice plugins available for pytest.
- Easy switching: Existing unittest-style tests will still work without any modifications.
See the pytest documentation for more information on pytest.
Bugs? Feature Suggestions?
Report issues and feature requests at the GitHub issue tracker.
Table of Contents
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 tutorial configuring_django managing_python_path usage database helpers faq contributing changelog