Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- fix use under Windows Subsystem for Linux: when DISPLAY does not
specify a protocol, and the implicit Unix socket connection fails,
fallback to TCP (mimicking XCB's behavior).
- don't bundle a copy of texi2html to build the HTML documentation,
but use the currently installed version instead.
- fix unclosed file in Xauth implementation
- fix support for
- fix support for
- use ASCII for decoding strings in Python 3 (same as Python 2)
- fix Python 3 warnings about
Improve response processing performance: reduce the number of
socket.recv calls needed to receive a full response.
- don't throw an exception if
- fix authentication work-around for SSH forwarding under Python 3
$DISPLAYhandling: support optional protocol prefix, and correctly handle
- fix Python 3 buffer abstraction
- fix interrupted select handling for Python 3.3/3.4
- fix Unix socket support when only an abstract address is available
- fix Xauth handling when using Python 2 and DISPLAY contains a remote IP
String16request field handling when using Python 3
- fix RECORD extension and example when using Python 3
- fix handling of properties: use byte strings for all X11 8-bits
strings, as not all of them are text properties (the window
wm_client_machinestill return/expect Unicode strings)
- new window getter/setter for text properties:
change_text_property; with automatic conversion to/from Unicode
when the property type encoding is supported (
- support for
The project is now licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1 or later (see the LICENSE file for details).
Support for Python versions older than 2.7 has been dropped. Support for Python 3 (3.3, 3.4 and 3.5) has been added. Note that Python-Xlib now depends on the six package (>=1.10) for combined Python 2 / 3 support.
With the change of license, and no way to contact the original author of the SHAPE extension, the code had to be rewritten from scratch. This resulted in a few minor API changes (see examples/shapewin.py).
Partial support for the SECURITY. XInput, and XFIXES extensions has been added.
- fix RECORD extension
- fix OS X socket path
- fix handling of generic events
- fix handling of KeymapNotify events
- several fixes for the RandR extension