San Diego PyLadies hosted a workshop at the Geek Girl Tech Conference on Saturday June 21, 2014.
IPython Notebook Files
You can view each of the files online using nbviewer.
- part-1.ipynb: numbers, strings, variables, booleans, "if statements"
- part-2.ipynb: lists and loops
- part-3.ipynb: defining functions and using modules
Giving the talk
Before giving the talk, IPython Notebook must be installed:
$ pip install 'ipython[notebook]'
How to run an IPython Notebook:
$ ipython notebook part-1.ipynb
At the workshop we gave the talk like this:
- We opened a Python shell on the projector monitor and an IPython notebook on the laptop monitor
- One person read the notebook and typed into the Python shell
- Another person stood in front of the audience and explained each step
- Questions were answered ad-hoc, occasionally by Googling answers or typing at the terminal
You can give this talk too!
This workshop is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2. See LICENSE file for more details.