Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Add microphone entitlement that seems required since macOS 10.13.5. I was so proud of not needing any...
- Updated ffmpeg to 4.0.1.
- Added a small safe amount of excess audio frames to keep around, which should prevent odd situations where SoundPusher continually readjusts between over- and underflow.
IOCycleUsagewith random data instead of silence to stress encoder.
- Increase minimum deployment target to macOS 10.12 and move to
Loopback Audio is unchanged.
Note that the application is a fair bit larger now, this seems due to Xcode 9 putting the largest resource (the app icon) into both the asset catalog as well as a separate
AppIcon.icns. I couldn't figure out how to include only one of them. ¯\(ツ)/¯
There should be no perceptible changes, but internals moved around a fair bit.
Fixed channel mapping bug which would have been incorrect were it not for a second coincidence making it correct for the actual case that was being used.
Updated to FFmpeg 3.0.
Note: No changes to LoopbackAudio compared to the previous version.
Added stereo upmix (enabled or disabled from the menu).
The current upmix matrix is
L' = L R' = R C' = C + (L + R) * 1/sqrt(2) Ls' = Ls + (L - R) * 1/2 Rs' = Rs + (R - L) * 1/2 LFE' = LFE
This also correctly increments the version of the installer, as that takes its version number from the
There should be no noticeable changes to the previous version.
This should improve quality when output to the virtual device is not continuous.
SoundPusher.app did not change, only
- LoopbackAudio: Fix muting (which was ignored)
- LoopbackAudio: Make IO lock-free using atomics
- SoundPusher: Disable any unused streams
- Move encoding over the output IOProc, for more predictable IOProc
timing and scheduling.
- Schedule output IOProc as late as possible using profiling and
IOCycleUsage. This should reduce latency by ~1500 frames (depending
on the speed of the CPU).
- Fix incorrect channel mapping between input and encoder. If the
mapping was fixed manually in
Audio MIDI Setup.appthen it'll be
wrong again unless you remove the stored changes (or fix them) in
- Lower default buffer frame size for forwarding, This should reduce
average latency by ~200 frames.