Java Professionals Course
Welcome to a self paced course for Java Engineers. It's created for developers who already have some experience but don't understand how the code that they copy-paste works. It's for you if:
- You've written at least 1 app with HTTP and DB
- You don't know which HTTP verbs are idempotent
- Configuration of your Thread/DB Pool is based on a guess
- For you
@Transactionalis magic that hopefully works
- Most of your tests use mocking frameworks
What you should expect
There are so many libraries and frameworks around that it's impossible to learn them all. Fortunately you don't need to. We'll be learning fundamental principles that you can reuse no matter what implementation you choose.
Throughout the course we'll implement a tiny REST app using:
- H2, Hibernate, C3P0
- Spring IoC
- Tomcat, Spring MVC, Jackson2
- TestNG, Unitils, Qala Datagen, MockMvc, RestAssured
How much efforts will it take
This is a self-paced course. Find the tasks, tackle them, solve puzzles, answer questions. There are 2 modes, whatever fits you:
- Overview - you just go through the course from the beginning to the end reading articles and implementing the app. It should take 1-3 months - all is up to you.
- Advanced - for most topics there will be references to the books. You'll read them to fully grasp the topic.