Node Blogger is a light weight blog generator for Node.js that I created out of my frustrations with WordPress's bloatedness and never-ending updates.
- Super fast, fetches posts from memory
- Easily customisable by editing files in the
- Does not require a database
- Easy to deploy (I'm hosting my blog on heroku for free)
- Default template is Mobile Responsive
- Default template supports syntax Highlighting
- Search engine friendly urls
ALSO SEE: How I built my static blog engine
First you need to download the repo
git clone https://github.com/qawemlilo/node-blogger.git
Then install dependencies
- Title: (String) - title of your new post (required)
- Description: (String) - a brief description for your new post (optional, helps with SEO)
- Categories: (String - csv) - categories for your post (optional, defaults to uncategorised)
- Date: (Int - millisecs) - publishing date (optional, defaults to current date)
A new markdown file is created with some placeholder text. You can find that file in the
posts/md directory - use it to write your post.
After you have finished writing your post in markdown format, compile it to html.
npm run compile
Awesome! Now let's fire up the server.
That's it, your blog in now up and running!
You can customise your blog by editing files in the
template directory. Node blogger uses EJS for templating,
template/index.ejs holds the template for the home page and
template/post.ejs holds the template for posts.
routes.js file contains the connect middleware for handling http requests.
server.js contains our http server which makes our blog posts available and accessible via a browser.
Fork and send me a pull request. Do not develop on the master branch.
- For bugs and tweaks create new branch prefixed by
- For new features create a new branch prefixed by
Copyright (c) 2013 Qawelesizwe Mlilo firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.