- Follow the instructions for setting up Liferay and openBIS as well as the QBiC-specific data model found on our portal (http://qbic.life/portal/web/qbic/software)
- Clone qNavigator from the git repository: 'git clone https://github.com/qbicsoftware/qnavigator qnavigator'
- Adjust the properties defined in the file 'portlet.properties' (this is what links the portlet to the qbic-ext.properties file)
- For deployment a web application archive (.war) file has to be created. Navigate to the ‘WebContent’ folder of the qNavigator project and type 'jar cvf qnavigator.war .'
- Copy the generated qnavigator.war to the deploy folder of your Liferay installation 'cp qnavigator.war /home/to/liferay/deploy/'
- Add qNavigator as a new application in your Liferay instance through the web interface