REST & GraphQL API for vehicle data. It is the backbone to several projects allowing remote access to my car and its data.
I wanted a hub to ingest different kinds of data from sources on my car, as well as store this data and make it queryable for other programs. Some sources are from my interfaces to the stock buses like PyBus or CAN, others are inputs like GPS or Drok UART.
The board it's riding has an always-on LTE connection, giving me real time updates and control. Inspired by Tesla's app implementation.
- Incoming data is stored in InfluxDB: a performant time series Database.
- Pipelines data to one location that can be reliably queried, using raw JSON or GraphQL.
- Stores persistent settings for other machines on the network.
- Can lower windows, open trunk, turn on hazards remotely, etc by mapping queries to the BMW K-Bus).
- It's written in Go, runs on OpenWRT ARM boards in the MUSL compiler. Try it, the MUSL bin is cross-compiled.
- Golang 1.13+ (Raspberry Pi Install)
Having InfluxDB & the rest of the TICK stack is recommended, although a neutered version will run fine without it.
go get github.com/qcasey/MDroid-Core/
MDroid-Core --settings-file ./settings.json
The difference between settings and session values
Generally, Settings are persistent and saved to disk frequently. Session values are not.
Example Setting Values
- Wait time after power loss to shutdown
- Vehicle lighting mode
- Meta program settings
Example Session Values
- GPS fixes
- License plate sightings
Naturally, Session values are the more interesting to see change over time.