Please sign in to comment.
[FEATURE][layouts] Allow layout items to "block" map labels
This feature allows other layout items (such as scalebars, north arrows, inset maps, etc) to be marked as a blockers for the map labels in a map item. This prevents any map labels from being placed under those items - causing the labeling engine to either try alternative placement for these labels (or discarding them altogether) This allows for more cartographically pleasing maps -- placing labels under other items can make them hard to read, yet without this new setting it's non-trivial to get QGIS to avoid placing the labels in these obscured areas. The blocking items are set through a map item's properties, under the label settings panel. The setting is per-map item, so you can have a scalebar block the labels for one map in your layout and not others (if you so desire!)
- Loading branch information
Showing with 556 additions and 11 deletions.
- +42 −0 python/core/auto_generated/layout/qgslayoutitemmap.sip.in
- +115 −0 src/app/layout/qgslayoutmapwidget.cpp
- +23 −0 src/app/layout/qgslayoutmapwidget.h
- +100 −0 src/core/layout/qgslayoutitemmap.cpp
- +53 −0 src/core/layout/qgslayoutitemmap.h
- +31 −9 src/ui/layout/qgslayoutmaplabelingwidgetbase.ui
- +111 −1 tests/src/core/testqgslayoutmap.cpp
- +81 −1 tests/src/python/test_qgslayoutmap.py
- BIN ...l_images/composer_map/expected_composermap_label_blockers/expected_composermap_label_blockers.png
Oops, something went wrong.