qgrit (Qt git rebase --interactive tool)
This helper allows you to graphically reorder commits during "git rebase -i"
It avoids all sorts of problems when manually editing rebase todo files.
- Commits can be moved/reordered by Drag & Drop or by up/down buttons.
- Multiple commits can be moved up/down in a single step
- Actions for modifying commits can be selected from a combo box.
- Easy aborting of the rebase(no need to delete all lines in a text file)
- Easy way of undoing all changes made to the list and start over again
- Commits are sorted in the same order as in gitk, no more confusion about order
- Tooltips explaining different actions (pick, edit, reword, squash, fixup)
- Tooltips contain full commit message, not only subject line
- Tooltips contiain a list of changed files
- Add possibility to jump to gitk by right clicking a line
- Highlight commits that touch the same file, but are in wrong order(potential conflict)
- Drag/Drop of several commits can change order of dragged commits (Seems to be a Qt bug in QTreeWidget)
- Handle files only containing noop, happens when starting "git rebase -i HEAD"
- create a Windows installer/provide portable zip files
Full commit message as tooltip:
- list of changed files in the tooltip
- commits modifying the same files marked in yellow
Setting qgrit as git rebase -i editor: