Server Side Extension
This repository provides a server-side extension (SSE) protocol based on gRPC that allows you to extend the Qlik built-in expression library with functionality from external calculation engines. You can use external calculation engines in both load scripts and charts. In Qlik Sense and QlikView, you connect to these server-side extensions (SSEs) by defining analytic connections.
This repository includes documentation that describes the SSE protocol, how to use it and how to build your own plugins. We have also examples written in a couple of different languages.
Latest SSE Version: v1.1.0
Examples Disclaimer: The examples provided are just examples, therefore use them at your own risk.
|Latest Product Version||SSE Supported|
|Qlik Sense February 2018||v1.1.0|
|QlikView November 2017||v1.0.0|
- Communication flow
- Generating certificates for secure connection
- Configuring SSE plugins in Qlik Sense and QlikView
- Writing an SSE plugin
- Protocol Documentation (API reference)
Please follow the instructions in CONTRIBUTING.md.
- Look at the documentation and examples in this repo again.
- Do a search in Qlik Community to see if there is already an answer to your question.
If not, you can either
- Ask your question in #sse on Qlik Branch slack. For access, go to Qlik Branch and qlik on SLACK. This is good for small questions and usually gives quick feedback.
- Create a new question on Qlik Community. This is a good option for questions you think more people are interested in since question and answer will remain for others to see.
There are also several projects using SSE on Qlik Branch which can serve as useful examples.