Please sign in to comment.
Use a single endpoint for HID reports (#3951)
* Unify multiple HID interfaces into one This reduces the number of USB endpoints required, which frees them up for other things. NKRO and EXTRAKEY always use the shared endpoint. By default, MOUSEKEY also uses it. This means it won't work as a Boot Procotol mouse in some BIOSes, etc. If you really think your keyboard needs to work as a mouse in your BIOS, set MOUSE_SHARED_EP = no in your rules.mk. By default, the core keyboard does not use the shared endpoint, as not all BIOSes are standards compliant and that's one place you don't want to find out your keyboard doesn't work.. If you are really confident, you can set KEYBOARD_SHARED_EP = yes to use the shared endpoint here too. * unify endpoints: ChibiOS protocol implementation * fixup: missing #ifdef EXTRAKEY_ENABLEs broke build on AVR with EXTRAKEY disabled * endpoints: restore error when too many endpoints required * lufa: wait up to 10ms to send keyboard input This avoids packets being dropped when two reports are sent in quick succession (eg. releasing a dual role key). * endpoints: fix compile on ARM_ATSAM * endpoint: ARM_ATSAM fixes No longer use wrong or unexpected endpoint IDs * endpoints: accommodate VUSB protocol V-USB has its own, understandably simple ideas about the report formats. It already blasts the mouse and extrakeys through one endpoint with report IDs. We just stay out of its way. * endpoints: document new endpoint configuration options * endpoints: respect keyboard_report->mods in NKRO The caller(s) of host_keyboard_send expect to be able to just drop modifiers in the mods field and not worry about whether NKRO is in use. This is a good thing. So we just shift it over if needs be. * endpoints: report.c: update for new keyboard_report format
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 426 additions and 380 deletions.
- +29 −0 docs/config_options.md
- +21 −0 tmk_core/common.mk
- +22 −0 tmk_core/common/host.c
- +17 −4 tmk_core/common/report.c
- +30 −16 tmk_core/common/report.h
- +3 −2 tmk_core/protocol/arm_atsam/usb/udi_hid_kbd.c
- +82 −94 tmk_core/protocol/chibios/usb_main.c
- +8 −3 tmk_core/protocol/chibios/usb_main.h
- +50 −42 tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c
- +96 −117 tmk_core/protocol/usb_descriptor.c
- +68 −102 tmk_core/protocol/usb_descriptor.h
Oops, something went wrong.