IBM 5291 keyboard converter
A converter for the eponymous keyboard.
Keyboard Maintainer: Listofoptions
Hardware Supported: IBM 5291, Teensy 2.0
Make example for this keyboard (after setting up your build environment):
the pinout is as follows:
IBM−5291−Cable to Pinhead−14
IBM−5291−2 Cable with DB15M connector
the above connector is actually numbered so it should be easier to determine where the needed connections are.
to connect to the teensy, the following are pins are needed (if you should choose not set your own):
- PB0 -> PB6 are connected to D0 -> D6
- +5V is connected to the corresponding teensy pin
- gnd is as well, only one of the gnd pins needs to be connected though.
- strobe is connected to pin PD1
- data is connected to PD0
- PE does not need to be connected to anything, but it could also be connected to gnd