Python Host Language Interface
The pyhli package offers complete access from Python to the FIS MarketMap C-Toolkit ("FAME C-HLI"). The qoma-smuggler package offers higher level functionality when working with both Python and FAME.
FAME is a fully integrated software and database management system from FIS that provides the following capabilities:
- Time series and cross-sectional data management;
- Financial calculation, data analysis, econometrics, and forecasting;
- Table generation and detailed multicolor, presentation-quality report writing;
- Multicolor, presentation-quality graphics;
- "What-if" analysis;
- Application development and structured programming;
- Data transfer to and from other applications;
- Tools for building customized graphical user interfaces.
- Install Python (>=3.6), Scipy and Jupyter Notebook. Consider
- Install FAME and successfully enter and exit the FAME 4GL environment.
Installation and testing
pip install pyhli
Your Python scripts directory may be somewhere other than
/opt/conda/bin/. A quick trick to find the test script is
pip uninstall pyhli, then respond
n to the confirmation prompt. Your script directory will be displayed to your terminal.
On first use, you will be directed to a website to obtain a
QOMA_PIN which will entitle you to use the pyhli
for the duration of your FAME license.