This is a project aiming to upgrade QtWebKit to modern WebKit code base.
Update See blog post for additional details: http://qtwebkit.blogspot.com/2016/08/qtwebkit-im-back.html
If you wonder why do we need QtWebKit when shiny new QtWebEngine is available, please look at our use cases list
Interested and ready to help?
Here is our list of things you can do to help us. We will highly appreciate help of any kind!
Master contains exact mirror of upstream WebKit repository at
git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git. Things not directly related to Qt port, like MIPS support, are developed against master, and go through code review on webkit.org.
Development of QtWebKit currently happens in
The next configurations are going to be supported:
- Linux (desktop and embedded)
- Windows 7 SP1 and higher
- macOS 10.10 and higher
- FreeBSD, should work on other *nix-like systems
- CPU architecture: known to work on x86, x86_64, ARM, AArch64, MIPS CPUs, and probably other architectures (but JIT will have to be disabled)
- Linux: g++ >= 4.9 (4.8 with FTL JIT and Indexed DB disabled) or clang++
- Windows: MSVC >= 2015 or MinGW-w64 5.3 (though any version >= 4.9 should be fine)
- Qt 5.2 (>= 5.4 higly recommended)
Depending on your OS, see