An extremely unfancy, slightly broken, bare-bones epub reader. Also reads txt and html ebooks.
- Completely Open Source: no ads, tracking, or malicious permissions.
- Loads epub, txt, and HTML books.
- Load all books in a directory.
- List of books.
- Sort book list by title, author, or date added.
- Remembers last position in book.
- Page brightness per book.
- Font size per book.
- Page forward by using the ">>" button, or by swiping up or to the left.
- Page back by using the "<<" button, or by swiping down or to the right.
- Sub-page scroll by dragging up or down.
- Long press on text to open standard android text selection controls.
- "Contents" button shows the Table Of Contents, if available.
- The magnifying glass icon opens the font-size menu.
- The lightbulb icon opens the page brightness menu.
- Use Android back button to return to the book list from reader.
You can use Calibre to convert other formats like mobi and PDF to epub.
I am not opposed to someone adding support for other formats like mobi, but I don't want to add third-party jars etc, and everything needs to be GPLv3 compatible.
- Lag in paging up and down.
- Not actually using "book pages" (just scrolls a big page up and down).
- No bookmarks.
- No "goto page" functionality.
- Changing the font can lose your spot.
- Paging backward sometimes causes a weird downward scrolling, which makes you think you've lost your spot but you really haven't.