DramaAnalysis with R
This package contains a number of functions to support the analysis of dramatic texts.
- Summary statistics about the number of words and utterances per character
- Statistics about word use from a dictionary per character
- Support for stylometric analyses by character or text
- Generation of a report for a dramatic text
- Reads in preprocessed texts
# loads a specific, pre-packaged play data(rksp.0) # calculates standard stats about a character charStat <- characterStatistics(rksp.0) # fix character names charStat <- characterNames(charStat, rksp.0) # plot them as a bar plot barplot(charStat)
DramaAnalysis works on Mac OS X, Windows 10 and Linuxes, and requires R 3.3 or later.
# installation from CRAN install.packages("DramaAnalysis") # Install newest development version, requires devtools to be installed devtools::install_github("quadrama/DramaAnalysis", ref="develop/3.x")
Usage and Howto
Please refer to the tutorial.