This is a redesign and complete overhaul of the R package. Existing code that uses functions of the package cannot be expected to continue to run without modifications. The major changes (compared to 2.x) are:
- Classes: Most functions now produce a classed object.
This makes it easier to prevent an erroneous use of functions.
- Ids and names: All functions now rely only on character ids. If one needs character
names for plotting and visualisation, they can be inserted later using
with a controlled formatting.
- Data files now include stage directions and character mentions, and functions can process them
- Extensive documentation in the form of a tutorial: https://quadrama.github.io/DramaAnalysis/tutorial/3/
- The wording in documentation and functions has been updated, so that figures are now called characters.
- Some functions have been renamed:
setup()is now called
setDirectories()to avoid name conflicts
figureStatistics()is now called
- Some functions have been removed: