A cloud-based system to keep Igor code updated across multiple computers.
The code for this project was lifted from Ryotako's excellent menu for loading WaveMetrics procedures. I have modified it to give a "by folder" list of procedures for users to select. The main difference is in the way that the code is setup in Igor.
- In Dropbox (or other cloud service) create a shared directory - any computer that will use the shared code must have access to this directory (you can make the users have read-only access if required).
- Within this directory, create two directories: IP and UP.
- Place the ipf file from this repo into IP.
- Copy any code that you want to share with others into UP.
- Now create two shortcuts (or aliases) to point to these folders. Do this on any computers that will share the code.
Shortcut/alias to the IP folder in
Shortcut/alias to the UP folder in
That's it! Start up Igor and the code will appear in a menu item called LabCode.
For a categorical list of procedures: organise your .ipf files into folders named by category, e.g. Statistics, Graphing, etc. Place the IgorDist.ipf in the IP folder.
For an alphabetical list of procedures: your .ipf files can be organised into folders or not, they will be listed in the menu in alphabetical order. Place the IgorDistAlphabetical.ipf in the IP folder.
Important - make sure that all computers have the appropriate Igor Licence. Support WaveMetrics by buying multi-seat licences if you would like to deploy your code to a team.
Tested in Igor Pro 7 and Igor Pro 8 on Mac and PC.