- Contributors: cgogolin
- Donate link: https://quantum-journal.org/donate/
- Tags: publishing, open-access
- Requires at least: 4.0.1
- Tested up to: 4.9.8
- Requires PHP: 5.6
- Stable tag: 1.0.0
- License: GPLv3 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
O-3PO stands for Open-source Open-access Overlay Publishing Option, it intends to make publishing of open-access arXiv overlay journals on WordPress powered websites as easy as possible.
O-3PO powers the website of Quantum - the open journal for quantum science and was originally developed for this purpose.
This is beta software, which still may contain site-specific and/or not well tested code.
DO NOT USE THIS ON A PRODUCTION SITE!
O-3PO offers the following features:
- Automatic download of TeX source code and PDF from the arXiv
- Automatic extraction of meta-data
- Automagic interpretation of references and DOI links
- Interfaces with Crossref REST API
- Interfaces with DOAJ API
- Interfaces with arXiv
- Interfaces with CLOCKSS
- Interfaces with Buffer.com
- Interfaces with Fermat's library
- Search centered navigation of articles
- RSS integration feed
- arXiv recent papers feed endpoint
- PDF endpoint
- Volume endpoint
- Web-statement endpoint
Works best with
In fact, certain features of O-3PO currently only work correctly in conjunction with the OnePress theme.
- Git clone this repository via:
git clone https://github.com/quantum-journal/o3po.git
- Copy the
o3podirectory into your
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu of WordPress.
O-3PO uses the PHPUnit testing framework. You can run all tests locally by executing
Please refer to the online documentation to learn about the implementation.
The documentation can be build locally by running
Bugs, limitations, and to do
- Move fix_custom_logo_html into separate plug-in
- Disable the fall-back loading of options from the
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use O-3PO?
O-3PO is open source, actively maintained, and allows you to combine all the features of a professional publishing platform, with exactly the integrations an arXiv overlay journal needs, with the power of the worlds most popular blogging platform.
Why the name O-3PO?
It is obviously a play on the name of humanoid robot character from a series of popular science fiction movies, whose primary purpose is to assist people in their communication, just like this plugin.
- Various settings can be customized via the settings.
- Settings page now uses password text fields for sensitive settings.
- Fixed file name of full text pdf download.
- Fix for an additional incompatibility with PHP >=7.1.
- Restrict visible indication of test system to adminbar to allow setup on production system.
- Now compatible with and tested on multiple PHP versions ranging from 5.6 to 7.2.8.
- CLOCKSS interface activated.
- Search page template with extra feedback to users can now be deactivated in settings.
- Many smaller bug fixes.
- Test coverage massively increased.
- First publicly available version.
The WordPress Plugin O-3PO is licensed under the GPL v3 or later.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
A copy of the license is included in the root of the plugin’s directory. The file is named
This plugin is based on the structure provided by the WordPress-Plugin-Boilerplate.