- Reset version to "dev" by @mpharrigan in #759
- fault-tolerant resource estimates for chemical hamiltonians by @jjgoings in #763
- Fix QuadraticHamiltonian diagonalization by @kevinsung in #772
- Reduced BCS type Hamiltonians by @cvmxn1 in #770
- Fix cirq coverage test by @dstrain115 in #779
- Fix cirq.google reference in docs. by @dstrain115 in #778
- Move tutorial from cirq by @augustehirth in #783
- DropNegligible was used but is deprecated. by @WhiteSymmetry in #781
- Adds a link to the Q-Chem plugin in README by @epifanovsky in #784
- Lookup dictionary for JW transformation of a FermionOperator by @alexfleury in #777
- Pin Requirements to working cirq versions by @ncrubin in #786
- @jjgoings made their first contribution in #763
- @cvmxn1 made their first contribution in #770
- @dstrain115 made their first contribution in #779
- @augustehirth made their first contribution in #783
- @WhiteSymmetry made their first contribution in #781
- @epifanovsky made their first contribution in #784
- @alexfleury made their first contribution in #777
Full Changelog: v1.3.0...v1.4.0
OpenFermion 1.3 is an incremental update with some fixes and improvements (see below). Crucially, we have moved from pinning to a specific version of Cirq to having a minimum supported version of Cirq (0.12 for this release).
Upgrade cirq compatibility.
- [Docs] Format math expressions by @rmlarose in #738
- Adding mention of OpenFermion-FQE to the frontpage by @babbush in #740
- Added functionality to compute one-norm of qubit/majorana Hamiltonian from molecular integrals by @Emieeel in #725
- Updates linux CI to use 18.04 by @MichaelBroughton in #747
- Updates fqe include path for site rendering by @MichaelBroughton in #746
- Upgrade to cirq 0.12 by @tanujkhattar in #748
- Version bump by @ncrubin in #749
Full Changelog: v1.1.0...v1.2.0
This release is for the stable 1.0 version of OpenFermion. Significant changes from the 0.11 release have been made. The most notable changes are listed below.
MajoranaOperator <-> FermionOperator with Jordan-Wigner + Bravyi-Kitaev options, get_majorana acts like get_fermion operator.
Is_contextual for confirming if a Hamiltonian is contextual
SymbolicOperator coefficients are sympy.Expr objects
Partitioning schemes for measuring fermionic 1- and 2-RDMs
Functionality for the Hartree-Fock project
Spatial -> spin-orbital integrals
Constructing a pure 2-body (reduced Hamiltonian) from 1-body and 2-body InteractionOperator.
Construct antisymmeterized 2-electron integrals + coulomb + exchange matrices
Verified phase estimation utilities
Merging of OpenFermion-Cirq into OpenFermion
Reorganize package (#620) (new submodules: chem, linalg, circuits, functionals, transforms)
Sample data is integrated with package for testing.
Deprecation of Readthedocs as the documentation host. Docs are now generator by tensorflow-docs and hosted at https://quantumai.google/openfermion
Starting with this version, Python 2 is no longer supported. Other notable changes and additions:
- Functions to partition qubits into subsets for efficient measurement of Pauli strings:
openfermion.geometry_from_pubchem. It is recommended to set this to '3d' to ensure correct structures are returned (see #544).
Notable changes and additions:
- Adds a new class, MajoranaOperator, to represent operators in the Majorana basis. Support for this operator added to
- Speeds up construction of jellium Hamiltonians by utilizing translation invariance
- Adds some utility methods to InteractionOperator
- Utilities for tapering off qubits using stabilizer conditions:
- Fixes a bug that caused incompatibility with scipy 1.3.0