Quasar Framework Roadmap
Where will Quasar be in one year, five years or ten years? It's up to you, the developers using Quasar.
You, the community, are Quasar. We listen to your opinions and your needs. Which is why we encourage you to directly contact us on Discord or submit Feature Requests. We carefully ponder on all the ideas and we decide along with the community what are the next steps to be taken.
If you want to speed up the development of Quasar please consider donating to the project. With proper funding, it allows more of the team to work on the project in a much more dedicated manner.
If you're in a company and using Quasar for commercial projects, explain to your management the importance of monthly donations (eg. $200+) for open source projects: you're the one using it every day and this makes you the best suited person to convince them. Be creative! :)
Quasar is saving your company tens of thousands of development hours (quite literally), which in turn is a pretty high money savings. Consider giving back a part of those savings to refuel the project itself ;)
Support policy and schedule
All major releases are typically supported for at least 12 months. LTS support ends 12 months after the release of a new major version.
|Version||Status||Released||Active support ends||LTS support ends|
|2.x||Active||21/06/2021||After 01/04/2022||After 01/04/2023|
Quasar v0.x versions are no longer supported.
We are updating this section constantly in order to keep you up to date with our current (and new!) efforts.
The schedule may change based on unforeseen and/or out of the ordinary circumstances.
✌️(DONE) Upgrade the App CLI for Quasar v2 to Webpack v5 (reference) ✌️(DONE) Quasar v2 will become officially the "latest" version of Quasar. The documentation website (https://quasar.dev) will point to v2 and the v1 docs will live under https://v1.quasar.dev. The end of life for Quasar v1 will be March 2022 and we will keep on backporting fixes and new features from v2 to it until then.
✌️(DONE) Migration to Quasar v2 of official AEs (reference) ✌️(DONE) Migration to Quasar v2 of most used testing AEs (
✌️(DONE) Quasar brand rework (reference) 🚫(CANCELLED 😢) Quasar.Conf 2021(reference)
✌️(DONE) Volar support (reference) ✌️(DONE) Vite.js plugin for Quasar v2 (reference) 🚧(WIP) Triaging enhancements and automation (reference) 🚧(WIP) Premium video tutorials (pre-access will be a paid service, will be later released for free) (reference) 🚧(WIP) Quasar website revamp 🔥 🚧(WIP) Support Cypress Component Testing into Quasar Cypress AE (reference reference)
- Enhance Quasar types to be more precise, provide guidelines for community contributions (reference reference reference reference)
- Fix intellisense problem for packages provided by
- Quasar v2 TypeScript projects created with Quasar CLI will have all files spawned in .ts format instead of .js for all Quasar modes (currently there are Quasar modes that have only templates in .js form) (reference)
- Creation of official Quasar Organizational chart
- Allow to save starter kit options as JSON profiles (reference)
- Quasar Scaffolding (official name TBD) (this will be a paid service) (reference)
- First beta of a new CLI for Quasar based on Vite.js instead of Webpack (will have its own life along with the current Webpack-based CLI)
- April 1st 2022 marks the end of life for Quasar v1. It will no longer receive updates.
- Work starting on Quasar v3
- Stable release of the new CLI based on Vite.js
- Quasar.Conf 2022