Cheddar is a R package for food-web ecologists. It provides
- a flexible, well-defined representation of an ecological community together with functions that make data import easy and that detect many commonly-occurring errors
- several high-quality published food-web datasets
- functions for computing and plotting a range of food-web and related statistics
- functions that perform community-level manipulations such as lumping trophic species and reordering predation matrices
- support for collections of communities, allowing investigation into changes in community structure through time, across environmental gradients or resulting from experimental manipulation.