Join Quipper test
If you have any questions about this test, this position and Quipper, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Create a simple tasks management (TODO style) web application.
Requirements / Notes
- Use the latest stable Ruby
- Use the latest stable Ruby on Rails
- Most of codes should be test-covered
- Using any database is allowed (Quipper is using MongoDB)
- Using any testing-framework is allowed (Quipper is using rspec / capybara)
- Using any open source libraries in any layers are allowed
- Using any web service are allowed (e.g. Amazon S3 for storing uploaded files)
- You don't have to finish all the user stories.
- You don't have to finish the user stroies in that order
User stories to be implemented
- As a user, I want to create a task so that I will not forget something to do.
- As a user, I want to create a task with a deadline so that I will not miss deadline.
- As a user, I want to edit a task so that I can change a task after I created
- As a user, I want to mark a task as done so that I can distinguish incomplete tasks from complete ones.
- As a user, I want to see all tasks which didn't meet deadline as of today.
- As a user, I want to delete a task so that I can remove task which is not a task any more.
How to take this test
- Create a repository in your github account
- Implement the user stories above on the repository
How to submit
- Send a url to the repositiry to email@example.com or your agency when you comes from an agency
What we want to see in this test
- Your skills of writing code (logical / simple / DRY)
- Your working knowledge of testing.
- Your working knowledge of Ruby / RoR
- Your working knowledge of libraries related to Ruby/RoR
- Your working knowledge of Git (Github) operation
- Your total ability of building a simple but rich user interface web system
What we don't see in this test
- User / session management
- Number of user stories are completed
"Nice to have" user stories
- As a user, I want to see tasks list ordered by created date
- As a user, I want to see tasks list ordered by deadline
- As a user, I want to tweet a completed task
- As a user, I want to attach files to a task
- As a user, I want to get notified by email after a deadline exceeded.
And any cool features are welcome.