Install monit from the package manager
- sudo apt-get install monit
Or install it from source
- Available at http://mmonit.com/monit/download/
Make it run on boot
- sudo vim /etc/default/monit
- change "startup=0" to "startup=1"
- Clone the sample config file from git: git clone git://github.com/quodis/Monit-Deployment.git into /etc/monit
- Remember to change all instances of YOURSERVER.com to the correct server address!
- Also remember to set a username & password for the web server. Search for "allow admin:monit" and change it. This is VERY IMPORTANT!
Make sure mysql.pid is there
- If this file is not present on your system, edit your mysql configuration in /etc/mysql/my.cnf. Under "basic settings" set pid-file = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
- Restart mysql using /etc/init.d/mysql restart ( or service mysql restart )
Configure iptables to accept connections from port 2812
- iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 2812 -j ACCEPT
- /etc/init.d/monit start
- View current status using "sudo monit status" or by accessing "YOURSERVER.com:2812"