quran for android
this is a simple (madani based) quran app for android.
- images from quran images project on github.
- translation, tafsir and Arabic data come from tanzil and King Saud University.
- audio from Every Ayah.
patches, comments, etc are welcome.
graphics by Somaia Gabr.
- tab size: 2
- indent : 2
- continuous indent: 4
you can set these under code style and code style java in android studio or intellij.
- get and install the android sdk
- make sure
$ANDROID_HOMEis set to the correct place.
- build from the command line by running
- if you want an ide, download the latest version of android studio (latest as of this writing is version 0.5.8)
- run android studio, choose import project, then choose build.gradle from the main quran source code directory.
and that's it!
- Farsi for version 2.0 by M. Jafar Nakar
- Farsi for version 1.6 by khajavi.
- Turkish by Mehmed Mahmudoglu.
- Turkish updates by Shuhrat Dehkanov
- Russian by Rinat (Ринат Валеев).
- Kurdish by Goran Gharib Karim.
- French by Yasser yasserkad.
- German by Armin Supuk.
- Chinese by Bo Li
- Uyghur by Abduqadir Abliz Sahran
- Indonesian by Saiful Khaliq
- Malaysian by Ahmad Syazwan
- Spanish by Alexander Salas
you are free to use parts of the Quran Android code in your application with some conditions:
your app must be respectful of the book of Allah. adding advertisements above and below each page of Quran is unacceptable, for example (yes, someone actually did that).
your app must provide some significant value over our app - otherwise, why not just contribute a patch instead?
your app cannot make money from ads or from sales. there are many reasons for this:
- we made this app for the benefit of people and not to make a profit
- the app costs us money (for serving the pages, translations, etc), not to mention the time to develop it and to support it.
- not all of the data that we use is okay to be sold. the images, along with some of the translations are on a license that allows their use and distribution for free for non-profit uses, but does not allow users to make money from them.
if you write an application using any of the Quran data (the images, the translations, etc), you must provide a link to the respective data source page (tanzil.net for the translations and the quran images project for the images) both within your application (in an about page) and in your application description in the market or app store.
if you use part of (or all of) the quran android code or graphics, you must provide a link back to the quran android project in your application description and your application itself in an about section.
Open Source Projects Used
version 2.5.8 (released 7/5/2014)
- fixing tablet bugs causing the page not to show up
version 2.5.7 (released 7/4/2014)
- added arrows to switch to next/previous ayah from translation panel
- added translator name in panel
- more clear night mode setting (thanks @ozbek)
- show an error and retry button instead of a blank page when page can't load
- spanish translation (thanks @alexsalas)
- update turkish translation (thanks @ozbek)
- many bugfixes
version 2.5.6 (released 6/29/2014)
- fix a crash with panel and audio settings
- fix tags panel not updating
- update single image downloading code
version 2.5.5 (released 6/27/2014)
- advanced audio repeat options
- rich audio notifications
- fix tablet related issues
version 2.5.4 (released 6/13/2014)
- bugfixes (mainly preferences crash)
- reset toolbar when you choose a different ayah
version 2.5.3 (released 6/11/2014)
- fix toolbar bugs on android 2.3
- fix "current page" not being clickable
- fix lots of search crashes
- fix saving on external sdcard on kitkat
- fix tags and bookmarks not refreshing
version 2.5.2 (released 6/7/2014)
- major ui improvements for long press actions
- option to highlight ayah bookmarks by default
- malaysian translation (thanks @asyazwan)
- uyghur translation (thanks @Sahran)
- right to left layout for arabic (thanks @aessam)
- many bugfixes and improvements
You can see our complete set of releases here