VimR — Neovim GUI for macOS
Project VimR is a Neovim GUI for macOS. The goal is to build an editor that uses Neovim inside with many of the convenience GUI features similar to those present in modern editors. We mainly use Swift, but also use C/Objective-C when where appropriate.
There are other Neovim GUIs for macOS, see the list, so why?
- Play around with Neovim,
- play around with Swift (and especially with RxSwift), and
- (most importantly) have fun!
If you want to support VimR financially, use Github's Sponsor.
Pre-built Universal signed and notarized binaries can be found under Releases.
- RxMessagePort: RxSwift wrapper for local and remote
- RxMsgpackRpc: Implementation of MsgpackRpc using RxSwift.
- RxNeovimApi: RxSwift wrapper of Neovim API.
- NvimView: SwiftPM module which bundles everything, e.g. Neovim's
runtime-files, needed to embed Neovim in a Cocoa App.
- Markdown preview
- Generic HTML preview (retains the scroll position when reloading)
- Fuzzy file finder a la Xcode's "Open Quickly..."
- Trackpad support: Pinching for zooming and two-finger scrolling.
- Ligatures: Turned off by default. Turn it on in the Preferences.
- Command line tool.
- (Simple) File browser
- Flexible workspace model a la JetBrain's IDEs
How to Build
Clone this repository. Install
homebrew, then in the project root:
git submodule init git submodule update xcode-select --install # install the Xcode command line tools, if you haven't already brew bundle clean=true notarize=false use_carthage_cache=false ./bin/build_vimr.sh # VimR.app will be placed in ./build/Build/Products/Release/