VimR — Neovim Refined
Project VimR is a (YA) Neovim GUI for macOS. The goal is to build an editor that uses Neovim inside with many of the convenience GUI features similar to those present in modern editors. We mainly use Swift, but also use Objective-C when its C-nature helps.
- play around (obviously) with Neovim,
- play around with Swift (and especially with RxSwift) and
- (most importantly) have fun!
- RxMessagePort: RxSwift wrapper for local and remote
- RxMsgpackRpc: implementation of MsgpackRpc using RxSwift.
- RxNeovimApi: RxSwift wrapper of Neovim API.
- NvimView: Cocoa Framework which bundles everything, e.g. Neovim's
runtime-files, needed to embed Neovim in a Cocoa App. See the wiki.
Pre-built binaries can be found under Releases.
- Basic input including Emojis and Hangul (+Hanja): We don't know whether other input systems work...
- Markdown preview
- Generic HTML preview (retains the scroll position when reloading)
- Fuzzy file finder a la Xcode's "Open Quickly..."
- Trackpad support: Pinching for zooming and two-finger scrolling.
- Ligatures: Turned off by default. Turn it on in the Preferences.
- Command line tool.
- (Simple) File browser
- Flexible workspace model a la JetBrain's IDEs
How to Build
First after cloning the VimR source tree you need to initialize git submodules
git submodule init git submodule update
You have to use Xcode 10.2. First install
homebrew, then in the project root:
xcode-select --install # install the Xcode command line tools, if you haven't already brew bundle ./bin/build_vimr.sh # VimR.app will be placed in build/Build/Products/Release/
If the build fails for some reason, do the following and build again:
cd NvimView/neovim git reset --hard @ git clean -fd make distclean cd .. ./bin/build_vimr.sh
VimR.app +-- NvimView.framework +-- NVimView +-- runtime files for Neovim +-- NvimServer +-- libnvim +-- other libs for Neovim
Libraries for Neovim
- The library
libiconvis linked by the linker flag
-liconv. The version bundled with macOS will be linked.
- The library
libintlis pre-built in
third-party/libintl/liband linked by "Other Linker Flags" of the NvimServer target.
- Other libraries used by Neovim, which are automatically built by building
libnvim, are linked by "Other Linker Flags" of the NvimServer target.