CRAN checks Badges
Just the badges from https://github.com/sckott/cchecksapi - no API - just the badges
The workflow is easiest to see in the GitHub Actions workflow file. The high level steps to make the badges (titled by the name's in the workflow file):
- Gather CRAN data: Using the Go based tool ganda via a shell script (
scrape_pkgs.sh), download html files for CRAN checks pages for all packages on CRAN.
- Scrape html: Using Ruby (
scrape.rb), parse each html file, pulling out the required pieces of data, writing the data to a json file for each package.
- Make svgs: Using Ruby again (
badge_methods.rb), for each package, read its json file and make svgs for each route below and write those to disk
- Deploy: using a 3rd party github action, push all svg files in svgs/badges to the gh-pages branch
After deploy to gh-pages, Netlify will kick off a build and the site will be served from Netlify.
- The workflow file has the term
rake- this is similar to
make, but specific to Ruby. The commands are defined in the Rakefile (similar to make's Makefile).
- Dependencies are defined in file
- The Ruby version is defined in the file