All functions are now prefixed with
gm_*()to avoid name conflicts with other packages (including the base package), the previous names have been deprecated and will be removed in future releases. Use
gmailr:::gm_convert_file(list.files(pattern = "[.]R$", recursive = TRUE))to convert all R files in the current directory to the new names. (#95)
gm_auth()functions added conforming to the conventions in the gargle package.
use_secret_token()are now deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
The google application bundled in previous gmailr releases has been removed, users will now need to create their own applications in order to use gmailr. See the Setup section in the readme for details. This was nessesary to comply with stricter enforement of the API terms of service.
gm_attachements()returns a data.frame of attachment information from a message or draft (#10, #24).
gm_delete_draft()added to delete a draft email without sending it to the trash.
gm_profile()function to return the gmail profile of the currently logged in user (#114)
gm_scopes()function to list the available scopes, and gmailr now requests only the full scope by default (#90)
More detailed examples added to the README and the vignette, including adding and referencing attachments in HTML email.
Minor improvements and fixes
gm_subject()now automatically mark their output as UTF-8 (#47, #86)
Quoted-printable now works with smart quotes (#77)
Unicode text can now be used in email headers, including the Subject and address fields, like To and Cc (#76, #78)
print.gmail_message()now only prints the parts of the message that are defined (#88) and now prints out the filenames of attachments (if any).
- Bundle a application token and secret in gmailr so the average user won't need to create an application.
- Great number of bug fixes
- Reworking the print functions to provide more useful and easy to read output
- Added check for null response to fix bug with DELETE requests (#79) @josibake
- Added ability to create and send drafts and messages. (#5, #6)
- Added a number of tests for mime message creation derived from the Email::Stuffer perl module.
- Namespace was not properly updated (#2)
- added extraction functions for gmail_messages (#3)
- Initial release