Rtools Core Packages
Core msys2 packages that were altered from upstream msys2. These are for the rtools environment itself, they do not contain the Rtools toolchain or packages.
How it Works
The Rtools runtime consists of subset of msys2 with a few alterations:
- pacman-mirrors points to our custom rtools repos
- gnupg uses gpg1 instead of the much heaver gpg2
- curl uses our custom curl-ca-bundle instead of the annoying ca-certificates
- pacman has been rebuild with the above. Also we are still on 5.0.1.
- tar has some custom patch from BDR for backward compatibility with old rtools
- texinfo ships texinfo 5 because I couldn't figure out how to build R with texinfo 6
- libxml2 disabled ICU support because it is a pain on WinBuilder (Windows Vista)
- make has a patch to find
shwhen called from cmd instead of bash
- msys2-runtime has a patch to make msys2 not alter the
For the other msys2 packages in rtools (including dependencies of the above) we use upstream msys2 builds. This means we may need to rebuild our binaries when an upstream dependency has a major upgrades which breaks the dll ABI.
Finally note that
pacman is fully statically linked so it has no dll dependencies. Make sure our custom version of
curl is installed when building pacman because all curl settings will be hardcoded in
The CI system
The CI has been configured to build these packages using the latest existing Rtools installer and deploys to:
These binaries are automatically downloaded when building the rtools-installer bundle.