This branch is 26 commits behind rapind:master.
Fetching latest commit…
Cannot retrieve the latest commit at this time.
Albumdy is an open source photo gallery built with Ruby on Rails and jQuery using some of my favorite plugins and practices.
A live demo is available at
There are many existing photo gallery apps around, but none I could find demonstrating the following key technologies:
You will need the following additional gems installed:
To install and run the app:
- sudo gem install mime-types http://mime-types.rubyforge.org/
- sudo gem install right_aws (If you want to use Amazon S3 for storage, although paperclip + S3 is a bit slow)
- git clone git://github.com/rapind/albumdy.git
- go to the application’s root directory I.e. cd ~/Sites/albumdy
- rename / copy the database.yml.sample to database.yml and enter your database information (I.e. cp config/database.yml.sample config/database.yml)
- gem install unicode
- gem install iconv
- rake db:create
- rake db:migrate
- rake db:bootstrap