Raaz: A secure cryptographic library
Raaz is a cryptographic library in Haskell that provide a high level and safe access to a lot of cryptographic operations. The library can be used for standalone cryptographic applications as well as for implementing other network protocols. Some of the features that are unique to raaz are the following
- Pervasive use of types for better safety.
- Default choice of primitives and implementations are safe.
- Mechanism to have multiple implementations for any given cryptographic primitives. An advanced user who has an in-depth knowledge of the platform should be able to plugin the desired implementation.
- Strong emphasis on API design with through documentation.
The recommended way to install raaz is through
3.0 or above. We also need a version of GHC that supports backpack
(for details on which version of GHC is supported, refer to our
cabal build cabal test cabal install
About the name
Raaz (राज़) stands for secret in Hindi.
Copyright 2012 Piyush P Kurur
The library is licensed under
- Apache License, Version 2.0 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- BSD 3-Clause license https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
You may not use this software except in compliance with one of the above Licenses (at your option).
SPDX-License-Identifier: (Apache-2.0 OR BSD-3-Clause)
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under these Licenses is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. For the exact terms and conditions see the accompanying LICENSE file.