This is the release notes for RabbitMQ 3.5.6. This is a bug fix release that is compatible with Erlang/OTP 18.1.
- Erlang 18.1 compatibility (#324).
EACCESSerrors on Windows when queue journal is cleared (#341).
- When multiple authorization backends are used, user tags from all of them should be preserved (#338).
- Force a (per-queue, not global) GC when a queue pages messages to disk (#290). This both makes throughput more stable and eliminates
a potential memory leak of binary memory (message identifiers).
- Missed heartbeats will trigger automatic connection recovery (rabbitmq/rabbitmq-java-client#57).
- Queues used by QoS 1 subscriptions are no longer deleted when the only subscriber disconnects (rabbitmq/rabbitmq-mqtt#30).
- Trailing new line character now can be optional (rabbitmq/rabbitmq-stomp#39). This makes certain (buggy) clients that may be difficult or impossible to upgrade work with the plugin.
To upgrade a non-clustered RabbitMQ simply install the new version. All configuration and persistent message data are retained.
To upgrade a RabbitMQ cluster, follow the instructions in RabbitMQ documentation.
Source code archives
Warning: The source code archive provided by GitHub only contains the source of the broker, not the plugins or the client libraries. Please download the archive named