IRED stands for the independent raw editor
red aims to be a minimalistic reimplementation of the radare shell without much complexity and relaying all the extensibility to external applications trying to keep the source as small as possible.
? is for help get help or evaluate numeric expression / search search strings or hexpairs !cmd run command from shell x hexdump hexdump X dword dump hexpair dump > file dump current block to file < file slurp file into current block w "string\x00" write string w 023839400 write hexpairs b 30 set block size s addr seek address r [size|-rmv] get filesize, truncate file to size, or -remove bytes p [bwWdDqQiIF.] print formatted the current block q quit
WORK IN PROGRESS
print command b/w/d/q byte, word, dword, qword (little endian) B/W/D/Q byte, word, dword, qword (big endian) i/I/f/F int32 (lil, big), float (lil, big) z/Z zero-terminatted strings (ascii, widechar) ./: skip 1 or 4 chars * repeat last value until death
ired is known to build and run on several OS.
- GNU, Linux, OSX, Windows (mingw), cygwin, Solaris, BSD, ...
- support for escapped characters in string write and search ops
- Add support for simple math ops (+,-,*,/) no parenthesis plz :)
- Remove '.' command? to make it suck less
- Add .! command that runs !foo > file and then .file
- Support for multiple commands in a single line (';' separator)