Welcome to Radiant
Radiant is a no-fluff, open source content management system designed for small teams. It is similar to Textpattern or MovableType, but is a general purpose content management system (not just a blogging engine).
- An elegant user interface
- The ability to arrange pages in a hierarchy
- Flexible templating with layouts, snippets, page parts, and a custom tagging language (Radius: http://radius.rubyforge.org)
- A simple user management/permissions system
- Support for Markdown and Textile as well as traditional HTML (it's easy to create other filters)
- An advanced plugin system
- Operates in two modes: dev and production depending on the URL
- A caching system which expires pages every 5 minutes
- Built using Ruby on Rails
- And much more...
Radiant is released under the MIT license and is copyright (c) 2006-2009 John W. Long and Sean Cribbs. A copy of the MIT license can be found in the LICENSE file.
The aim is to have everything served from your Gemfile
gem 'radiant' gem 'radiant-archive-extension' gem 'radiant-layouts-extension'
- Fork the project
- Write tests in tests/railsapp/specs
- Modify code in the root directory
- Continue hacking ...
- Send a pull request
The best place to get support is on the mailing list:
Most of the development for Radiant happens on Github:
The project wiki is here:
The Radiant Dev Team http://radiantcms.org