Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Radiant is a no-fluff, open source content management system designed for small teams. It is similar to Textpattern or MovableType, but is a general purpose content management system (not just a blogging engine).
- The Basics
- How Tos
- Upgrading a Radiant site to a new version
- Getting Help
- Radiant in Action
- Radiant Pros
Don’t want to get into a whole installation just to test it out? There is a live demonstration site available for you to experiment with, the “Username” is “admin” and the “Password” is “radiant”; and don’t worry about breaking anything the entire demo site is reset to a pristine state on the hour.
- Generic Installation Instructions
- By Operating System
- By Web Host
Radiant Hosting Providers
- AVLUX specializes in Radiant hosting, hosts the Radiant site, and includes complete setup and support with all hosting plans.
- Radiant CMS Hosting is a small, inexpensive hosting outfit.
- RoseHosting.com offers fully-managed Radiant CMS hosting with free 24/7 support. They will install and configure Radiant for you for free.
- Getting Started
- Radius Tags
- Customizing the Admin UI – see also: Settings Extension
- What are Extensions?
- Extension Registry
- Thirdparty Extensions
- Installing Extensions
- Uninstalling Extensions
- Merging Existing Extensions
- Blog Extension – several blogging features in one package
- Blog Tags Extension – next/previous page navigation
- Chronicle Extension – page, snippet and layout versioning
- Comments Extension – comments for your blog
- Copy Move Extension – copy and move pages between parents
- Custom Fields Extension – custom fields for pages
- CyImage Extension – automatic resizing of images using ImageMagick directly on Radiant pages
- Database Mailer Extension – database persistence for emailed forms
- Gallery Extension
- Globalize2 Extension – page translation (part two screencast)
- Language Redirect Extension – redirect visitors based on language
- Mailer Extension – great for “Contact Us” style mail forms
- MailTo Extension
- Multi Site Extension – host multiple domains with a single Radiant instance – see also: vhost extension
- Page Attachments Extension – upload files to pages – see also: Paperclipped Extension
- Paperclipped Extension – Great for managing assets such as images, movies, pdf, etc.
- Reorder Extension – change the order of pages
- Scheduler Extension – automated expiration and publishing of pages
- Search Extension – let users search the content of your site
- Settings Extension – Radiant settings exposed to the admin UI
- Siblings Tags Extension – next/previous page navigation
- Simple Password Extension – simple password extension
- User Pages Extension – introduces page manipulation permissions per user
- Sitemap XML Extension – create and manage xml sitemaps
- Stereotype Extension – inheritable page templates
- Tags Extension – page tagging as in “web 2.0”
Creating Your Own Extensions
- Adding Custom Radius Tags
- Creating a Link Roll Extension
- Removing the Scaffold from the Link Roll Extension
- Altering Tabs in the Admin UI
- Modifying the Page UI
- Extending and Overriding Radiant Behavior
- Creating a Custom Page Type
- Using Radiant Layouts to Style Extension Controllers
- How-To: Create An Extension
- How to enable Travis CI for an extension
- Accessing Radiant's User Model
- Using Radiant as a blog
- Hosting Multiple Websites using mod_proxy – see also: Multi Site Extension and vhost extension
- Making a Sitemap
- Elegant Page Level CSS
- Output All Page Parts
- Reset Your Admin Password
- Set a Top Level Page per User
- Setup Development Mode
- Host a Podcast
- Change a Page's Publication Date
- Create an Atom Feed
- Create a RSS Feed
- Make a Template from an existing site
- Migrating from Mephisto
- Migrating from SQLite to MySQL
- Setup a MySQL Database
- Setup a PostgreSQL Database
- Setup a SQLite Database
- Setup a DB2 Database
- Setup a SQL Server Database
- Using Multiple PostgreSQL Schemas
- Running on Edge
- Clear the Page Cache
- Running on JBoss Rails
- Using RubyMine debugger
- Using Devise as an authentication system for Radiant end-users
- Using cells to render arbitrary Rails views within Radiant pages
- Disable caching in a Radiant system
Upgrading a Radiant site to a new version
- Index Sitemap Column Headers Error
- Undefined Method for Enumerable
- Intermittent Errors with SQLite on Windows
- No Secret Given to the Protect from Forgery Call
Found a bug? Can’t get something to work? Having a hard time understanding the documentation on the wiki?
Reporting Bugs or Requesting Features
The best way to report a bug or request a feature is to write the fix or enhancement and then send a pull request. If you’re not that familiar with Git or the Radiant codebase, you can also file an issue.
Radiant Users Mailing List
The mailing list is a great place to ask questions about Radiant.
Having trouble using or installing Radiant? Want to share a success story? You can chat with members of the user and developer community in real time in the #radiantcms channel on irc.freenode.net. You’ll need an IRC Client. There’s a nice list of them over on the Ruby on Rails wiki. Additionally, there is Freenode Webchat which gives you an IRC Client in your web browser.
Radiant in Action
Due to incessant spam the Radiant Users page has been removed.
Looking for some help with your website? Radiant Pros can help you get it done.
The best way to learn about Radiant, by far, is to read the source. Ruby is extremely easy to read and Radiant is a straight forward Rails application. So don’t be afraid of the source, dig in! The app directory is a good place to start.
- Radiant 0.9.1 – Refraction Release (Bugfix), Change Log
- Radiant 0.9.0 – Refraction Release, Release Notes, Change Log, Upgrade Notes
- Radiant 0.8.1 – Luster Release, Change Log
- Radiant 0.8.0 – Asterism Release, Release Notes, Change Log, Upgrade Notes
- Radiant 0.7.1 – Engraving Release (Bugfix), Change Log
- Radiant 0.7.0 – Intaglio Release, Release Notes, Change Log, Upgrade Notes
- Radiant 0.6.9 – Etch Release (Bugfix), Release Notes, Change Log
- Radiant 0.6.8 – Incise Release, Change Log