A Zcash full node and GUI wallet for 64-bit Windows
This software package incorporates the port of Zcash to Windows by @radix42 and the ZCashSwingWallet by @vaklinov with enhancements by @zab
This program is distributed under an MIT License.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Known issues and limitations
- Issue: Wallet versions 0.58 and below, when running on systems with (typically non-western) locales that redefine the decimal point in the OS locale settings, have problems with updating the GUI wallet state. A workaround is to change the locale settings to have dot as decimal separator.
- Limitation: Wallet encryption has been temporarily disabled in Zcash due to stability problems. A corresponding issue #1552 has been opened by the Zcash developers. Correspondingly wallet encryption has been temporarily disabled in the Zcash Desktop GUI Wallet.
- Issue: the GUI wallet does not work correctly if zcashd is started with a custom data directory, like:
zcashd -datadir=/home/data/whateverThis will be fixed in later versions.
- Issue: GUI data tables (transactions/addresses etc.) allow copying of data via double click but also allow editing. The latter needs to be disabled.
- Limitation: The list of transactions does not show all outgoing ones (specifically outgoing Z address transactions). A corresponding issue #1438 has been opened for the Zcash developers.
- Limitation: The CPU percentage shown to be taken by zcashd on Linux is the average for the entire lifetime of the process. This is not very useful. This will be improved in future versions.