About IndexTank Service
IndexTank Service (http://indextank.com) contains the source code for implementing the Search-as-a-Service platform. It contains the components that allow managing user accounts, server instances (worker) and index instances (deploy); it depends on IndexTank Engine (https://github.com/linkedin/indextank-engine) binary.
Find out more about at: TBD
Apache Public License (APL) 2.0
- Django tested with 1.2.7
- Python tested with 2.6.6
- Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment tested with build 1.6.0_24-b07
- uWSGI (http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/)
- daemontools (http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html)
- Thrift library (generated sources with version 0.5.0 are provided)
- Create the database schema (python manage.py syncdb).
- Create an account.
- Start an index instance (IndexTank Engine).
- Start API.
Django application implementing the REST JSON API, enables index management per account, indexing functions and search. Interacts via Thrift with specific index instances (deploy).
Django application that allows manual administration.
Django application with the service web, contains the user registration form (allows creating accounts).
Index, deploy & worker manager. A worker (server instance) may contain a deploy (index instance) or many.