SimpleImage and libgd tests
The reason for this test: https://github.com/claviska/SimpleImage/issues/236
how to use
copy this repository on a host, call a url to the folder and send a screenshot as issue or pull request
Have a look at the different results (screenshots)... weird...
- libgd and bundled gd in PHP builds are different
- transparent gif and png have multiple issues
- check if alpha channel exists seems to be possible, but with too much processing, see: Stackoverflow
- sometimes gif has a black border (rotate)
- sometimes gif and png lose transparency and turn black
It looks like the issue could be here with a fix for the next gd release (2.2.6): https://github.com/libgd/libgd/issues/432#issuecomment-362257978
Interesting, PHP's bundled libgd doesn't seem to be affected by this issue, because the implementation was "slightly" different from the start: libgd vs. PHP.