Welcome to Awesome Raiden, a community-curated list of resources, links, projects, tools and hacks on, for and around Raiden!
- Raiden Network
- Developer Resources
- Running a Raiden Full Node
- Learning Resources
- Raiden Trust
- Other Resources
Docs and Specs
- Raiden Readme
- Raiden Network Documentation (stable)
- Raiden Network Specification (latest)
- Raiden Services Documentation (latest)
Visualization and network statistics of token networks on the Raiden Network
- Raiden Workshop Configurator - Order hosted nodes for a Raiden workshop or meetup!
- Raiden Workshop Material - Onboarding script and installation guide to create a setup which allows quick and easy hacking on Raiden (e.g. for workshops)
- Raiden Wizard - Web-based installation tool which provides quick and easy set up of a Raiden node (currently Goerli support only!)
- Raiden on DAppNode (+DAppNode docs +testnet version) - DAppNode package for the Raiden network
- Raiden Scenario Player - integration testing tool
- Homebrew Tap for Raiden
- WebUI - Raiden Web User Interface
- Raiden Light Client - Raiden Light Client SDK and dApp
- The Raiden dApp - a reference implementation of the Raiden Light Client SDK
🛠️ Hacks and More Tools for Devs
The following section includes WIP, demo and hackathon projects.
- EthArmbian - turns NanoPC-T4 or RockPro64 into a full Ethereum node. Includes components of the Ethereum ecosystem such as Raiden Network(version check), Trinity, Status.im, IPFS, Swarm and Vipnode. Initial support for Eth2.0 clients.
- Grid Ethereum Plugin - the functionality with a plugin and a Web UI
- Docker Hub and Use Docker, Infura.io to Build Raiden Network on Ubuntu 18.04 tutorial
- PyPI for Raiden and Raiden Services
- Raiden Express Server and Raiden React Client - an Express Server that connects to a Raiden Client
- Parity Docker Raiden dev env - Dockerized POA Parity blockchain + Raiden network contracts deployment scripts & config generator
- Token Network's Channels - Small dApp displaying Token Network's Channels (part of the Raiden network)
- Test environment scripts - a collection of scripts used to bootstrap a test raiden environment
- Go Raiden Client - A Raiden node client written in Go
- PyRaiden - A client library to interact with Raiden Network written in python
- Local Raiden - Run a local Raiden network in docker containers for demo and testing purposes
- Raiden API TypeScript client - A lightweight Raiden Network API TypeScript client to interact with a Raiden Network node.
RApps (Raiden Apps) are demos, hackathon submissions and projects building on/with Raiden.
Hacks and Games
- Raiden Ticker - LED matrix display controlled by ESP8266 to display messages paid for through Raiden
- Raiden Burner, demo - add an easy to use Raiden payment option to the Burner Wallet
- Fairspot - WiFi internet access on the go (in 100kb chunks) using Raiden
- NUtube, Github, demo - decentralized P2P live streaming w/ micropayments
- DTok, demo - decentralized streaming and tipping platform w/ Raiden, BurnerWallet (link) and ENS domains
- CryptoBotWars, GitHub, Medium posts Part 1 and Part 2 - Tic Tac Toe w/ micropayments and a Game Guardian
- Team SCG - buying and supplying electricity on an open marketplace using Raiden for payments.
- Cryptogrannies - pushing crypto to be simple enough to be used by the oldies
- Raidenooh - decentralized digital signage platform
- Raiden Invoice and Invoice Server - A library for encoding and decoding Raiden network payment requests
- Storj, Medium post - decentralized cloud storage
- Exchange Union XUD - a decentralized exchange built on the Lightning and Raiden networks to enable instant and trustless cryptocurrency swaps
- Raiden Maps, Github - a Raiden Network Analyzer
👛 Testnet Ether Faucets
Need testnet Ether? Check out these faucets.
If you have the MetaMask browser extension installed you can also try the MetaMask faucets. Change to a test network by clicking Main Ethereum Network and select from Ropsten, Kovan, Rinkeby or Goerli.
💸 Testnet Wrapped Ether
Need to wrap testnet Ether? Having followed the steps in the previous section, use the MetaMask extension and select your test network. Then you can wrap Ether into WETH using 0x protocol, this currently works on Kovan and Ropsten. You can also wrap Ether using Etherscan on Goerli and Ropsten: click 'Connect to Web3' and accept via MetaMask extension, on Etherscan scroll down to '5. deposit', enter the value of testnet Ether you'd like to wrap in 'payableAmount' and click write+confirm.
If your wrapped Ether isn't showing up in MetaMask, don't worry! Click 'Watch in Wallet' here:
Details on Raiden bounties at ongoing hackathons can be found here.
Currently no hackathon ongoing.
Running a Raiden Full Node
System Requirements and Installation Guide. If possible, you should always try new things on Ethereum on testnet before mainnet so you can get a hang of it, this includes trying Raiden Network.
Please also note that the current mainnet releases are an alpha deployment of the Raiden Network on the Ethereum mainnet. Hence, deposit limits, as well as a deprecation switch have been put into place. It is absolutely crucial to read the requirements for safe usage carefully before using the software on mainnet.
Option 2: Follow the workshop. If you happen to be on Windows, this community video includes the added steps with using WSL (if you get stuck). You can skip signing up for Infura on Goerli by adding
--eth-rpc-endpoint https://rpc.slock.it/goerli. So replacement node start command (from this) becomes:
./raiden-v0.100.3-linux-x86_64 --keystore-path keystore --network-id goerli --gas-price fast --environment-type development --eth-rpc-endpoint https://rpc.slock.it/goerli
Your node is now running on Goerli testnet. Open your web browser and put
127.0.0.1:5001 to open the WebUI.
Follow the Raiden Red Eyes Mainnet Tutorial.
- Visit infura.io and click to sign up for a new account.
- Then, choose to create a new project.
- Now, view your project and you'll find the Project ID under the KEYS section ("<MAINNET_INFURA_KEY>" used below).
- Start your node with:
./raiden-v0.100.3-linux-x86_64 --keystore-path keystore --eth-rpc-endpoint eth-rpc-endpoint https://mainnet.infura.io/v3/<MAINNET_INFURA_KEY>
A great permanent mainnet option is to use Raiden with DAppNode! It will take some extra time to setup and sync for the first time if you don't have an Eth Node synced already.
geth account new to create them quickly. They will be stored in
~/.ethereum/keystore/. List them with
geth account list (alternatively, if you don't have Geth, rerun the Workshop onboarder). You can open as many nodes as you want on your local machine by giving different port numbers when starting Raiden. For example
--api-address http://127.0.0.1:5002 starts a Raiden node on port 5002 instead of the default 5001.
🔖 Interesting Links
- Raiden FAQ
- Medium Publications / Blog
- Reddit Weekly Update
- Raiden Network WebUI Demo
- Raiden youtube channel
- How to install a Raiden node on the Ethereum Mainnet
- Raiden Service Bundle Explained - fees to Monitoring Services and Pathfinding Services paid in RDN
- Research Calls:
- Send "/videos" to RaidenInfoBot for more videos!
- Send "/events" to RaidenInfoBot for upcoming community events!
📝 Raiden Pulse
Raiden Pulse is a bi-monthly summary of all things Raiden: development updates, events, announcements and more.
- Raiden Pulse #8: News from September and October
- Raiden Pulse #7: News from July and August
- Raiden Pulse #6: News from May and June
- Raiden Pulse #5: News from March and April
- Raiden Pulse #4: News from January and February
- Raiden Pulse #3: News from November and December
- Raiden Pulse #2: News from September and October
- Raiden Pulse #1: News from July and August
- Emerging Tech for Beginners: Convergence of Emerging Technologies with Brett Robertson of Ethereum
- Meeting Raiden @ Web3Summit and Raiden: Ethereum's Payment Channel Network
- Non-profit 3D printed Raiden model
- Red Eyes on testnet
- Github Visualization
- Watchtower scaling: Lightning VS Raiden #1, #2 and #3
- Messari Raiden Network profile report
- Community built FAQ on Reddit
- Raiden PFS in action!
- RaidenInfoBot Telegram bot (Github) with a collection of resources about Raiden Network (and some misc. features). Currently running in https://t.me/RaidenNetworkCommunity (unofficial)
All community channels are run by the community.
- Raiden Network Community on Telegram - featuring the RaidenInfoBot
- Discord - bridge and feeds (most maintained)
- Slack - bridge and feeds
- Matrix/Riot - bridge
- Raiden Trust Website
- Announcement Introducing Raiden Trust
- Apply now for the first wave of Raiden Trust grants
Built with MicroRaiden
- AppStoreFoundation, Github - sell in-app items for AppCoins
- SmartMesh/SmartRaiden - internet-free digital payments and transactions
- RightMesh - ad hoc mobile mesh networking platform and protocol
- Keep up with Raiden Network on Blockfolio Signal
Disclaimer: Please note, that even though we do our best to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information provided, this repo is community curated content and may contain views and opinions, errors and omissions for which the content creator(s) and any represented organization cannot be held liable. The wording and concepts regarding financial terminology (e.g. “payments”, “checks”, “currency”, “transfer” (of value)) are exclusively used in an exemplary way to describe technological principles and do not necessarily conform to the real world or legal equivalents of these terms and concepts. This repo lists experimental alpha software and work-in-progress. Please be aware that we cannot be held liable for any damages whatsoever or any loss of funds you may incur when using the code and/or software. Use it at your own risk.