Please sign in to comment.
Fix several known web encoding issues:
* Specify accept-charset on all forms. All recent browsers, as well as IE5+, will use the encoding specified for form parameters * Unfortunately, IE5+ will not look at accept-charset unless at least one character in the form's values is not in the page's charset. Since the user can override the default charset (which Rails sets to UTF-8), we provide a hidden input containing a unicode character, forcing IE to look at the accept-charset. * Now that the vast majority of web input is UTF-8, we set the inbound parameters to UTF-8. This will eliminate many cases of incompatible encodings between ASCII-8BIT and UTF-8. * You can safely ignore params[:_snowman_] TODO: * Validate inbound text to confirm it is UTF-8 * Combine the whole_form implementations in form_helper_test and form_tag_helper_test
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 318 additions and 198 deletions.
- +30 −1 actionpack/lib/action_dispatch/http/parameters.rb
- +12 −3 actionpack/lib/action_view/helpers/form_tag_helper.rb
- +23 −0 actionpack/test/dispatch/request/url_encoded_params_parsing_test.rb
- +1 −1 actionpack/test/template/erb/form_for_test.rb
- +2 −2 actionpack/test/template/erb/tag_helper_test.rb
- +204 −181 actionpack/test/template/form_helper_test.rb
- +46 −10 actionpack/test/template/form_tag_helper_test.rb
Oops, something went wrong.