Please sign in to comment.
When debugging routes ,it can sometimes be difficult to understand exactly how the paths are matched. This PR adds a JS based path matching widget to the `/rails/info/routes` output. You can enter in a path, and it will tell you which of the routes that path matches, while preserving order (top match wins). The matching widget in action: !(http://f.cl.ly/items/3A2F0v2m3m1Z1p3P3O3k/path-match.gif) Prior to this PR the only way to check matching paths is via mental math, or typing in a path in the url bar and seeing where it goes. This feature will be an invaluable debugging tool by dramatically decreasing the time needed to check a path match. ATP actionpack
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 134 additions and 12 deletions.
- +5 −0 actionpack/CHANGELOG.md
- +1 −1 actionpack/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/routes/_route.html.erb
- +98 −10 actionpack/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/routes/_table.html.erb
- +22 −1 actionpack/lib/action_dispatch/routing/inspector.rb
- +8 −0 actionpack/test/dispatch/routing/inspector_test.rb