Please sign in to comment.
Do not generate default alt text in image tags
- Auto-generating content from the filename of an image is not suitable alternative text; alt text that isn't fully considered can be distracting and fatiguing for screen readers users (blind, low vision, dyslexic people). - Setting a filename fallback short circuits screen reader default behavior and configuration for blank descriptions. - Setting poor defaults also creates false negatives for accessibility linting and testing software, that makes it harder to improve application accessibility. *** - After this change, if authors leave images without alt text, screen readers will fallback to default behavior for missing alt text. - Also with this change, Automated linting and testing tools will correctly generate warnings. [Fixes #30096]
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 42 additions and 40 deletions.
- +2 −2 actionmailer/test/asset_host_test.rb
- +2 −2 actionmailer/test/base_test.rb
- +1 −1 actionmailer/test/url_test.rb
- +6 −0 actionview/CHANGELOG.md
- +9 −13 actionview/lib/action_view/helpers/asset_tag_helper.rb
- +16 −16 actionview/test/template/asset_tag_helper_test.rb
- +3 −3 activestorage/test/template/image_tag_test.rb
- +2 −2 guides/source/action_view_overview.md
- +1 −1 guides/source/api_documentation_guidelines.md