Please sign in to comment.
Historically, update_attribute and update_attributes are similar, but with one big difference: update_attribute does not run validations. These two methods are really easy to confuse given their similar names. Therefore, update_attribute is being deprecated in favor of update_column, and will be removed in Rails 4. See the discussion on rails-core here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rubyonrails-core/BWPUTK7WvYA/discussion
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 41 additions and 17 deletions.
- +1 −1 activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/has_one_association.rb
- +2 −2 activerecord/lib/active_record/migration.rb
- +7 −3 activerecord/lib/active_record/persistence.rb
- +1 −1 activerecord/test/cases/base_test.rb
- +1 −1 activerecord/test/cases/dirty_test.rb
- +27 −7 activerecord/test/cases/persistence_test.rb
- +2 −2 activerecord/test/cases/timestamp_test.rb