Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
SF Catering and after party location suggestions
- 1062 Folsom Street
- (415) 701-9000
- 833 Mission Street
- (415) 995-5552
- 100 Bush St. Suite 102
- (415) 433-9682
They have a great catering delivery service on bagels. Order enough bagels to cover about 70% of attendees/volunteers with ‘Yes’ RSVP. If you order hot sandwiches, let them know when you order to cut in halves and wrapped individually. They're happy to oblige & it makes setup that much faster for you. Request Extra cups & cream for coffee.
A reasonable coffee shop who will deliver which includes sugar, milk, disposable cups etc. A Cambro (5 gallons) is usually MORE than enough for 70 people as not everyone will drink coffee.
- 399 4th St (between Clara St & Harrison St)
- (415) 618-0066
- Delivery: probably
- Weekend Delivery: probably
- Delivery Charge: probably
- 2210 Fillmore St (between Sacramento St & Clay St)
- Contact: Allison
- (415) 921-4061
- Delivery: Yes
- Weekend Delivery: Yes
- Notes: They do a really nice blend of hot, cold, meat, vegan and gluten free within budget. They deliver to SOMA and Downtown.
- (415) 703-0557
- Contact: David Kittredge
- Notes: David is the owner and very very helpful and patient. Tell him your budget and he'll make it work. This restaurant is often used by Pivotal for catering. He has a standard menu for us that is both in our budget and deliciously accommodates all the diets (meat-eaters, vegetarian, vegans and gluten free). To order food from Triptych, give them a few weeks notice, and email david (at) triptychsf.com with something like this:
My name is [Sarah]. I'm organizing a RailsBridge Workshop. RailsBridge gave me your contact information and said Triptych had catered several workshops in the past. We're having a workshop on [Saturday, August 11], and we've scheduled lunch for [12:30]. It's set for the [IGN office] at [500 2nd Street].
We're expecting  people, but RailsBridge suggested that we should give a smaller head count of [75% of the expected headcount]. As usual, we need a menu that accommodates vegans, vegetarians and gluten-free diets and meat-eaters. I'm ccing my co-organizer, [Samantha], and including both our phone numbers below for when you need us the morning of. Do you think that will work?
- Gary, catering manager
- California Street @ Davis
- (415) 986-3634
Questions for potential after party location:
- Are you open between 4:30pm and 6:30pm on Saturdays?
- Can you run an open tab for us? Or honor drink tickets provided to our volunteers?